Inclusive Design And Accessibility: Live Stream With Heydon Pickering
Accessibility can sometimes become an unfortunate afterthought as we race to meet deadlines and search for tips and tricks to meet client demands. We can cause problems for keyboard or screenreader users, and leave our products fragile and potentially vulnerable to legal action from people who find themselves locked out due to their accessibility needs. How can we get better?
One way to find out would be by joining our live stream with Heydon Pickering who will be sharing insights about the relationship between accessibility and design systems, and exploring how to build accessible components, and why he decided to write a book on accessible interface design patterns.
Live Stream On Inclusive Design: Nov 7, 5:00 PM GMT
For a few years now, we’ve been running live sessions with respected professionals on Smashing TV — our video channel for our dear Smashing Members, who support our little team and our little adventures every month.
Starting from November, we’d like to try out something new. As the webinars have always been about sharing lessons learned with the community, we’d like to open them up to everybody, with Members having a chance to ask questions about the projects and their work right after the session.
From Smashing With Love
To help you stay on top of things, you can subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter, in which we announce what’s happening in the Smashing universe. Each and every newsletter issue is written and edited with love and care. No third-party mailings or hidden advertising — promise!
You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and even stay updated with our bi-weekly Smashing Podcast. Please do always feel free to reach out and share your thoughts with us — we love hearing from you!
- ^ More about Vitaly Friedman … (www.smashingmagazine.com)
- ^ Inclusive Components (www.smashingmagazine.com)
- ^ Heydon Pickering (www.smashingmagazine.com)
- ^ you can also watch on YouTube (www.youtube.com)
- ^ Smashing TV (www.smashingmagazine.com)
- ^ Smashing Members (www.smashingmagazine.com)
- ^ subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter (www.smashingmagazine.com)
- ^ Twitter (twitter.com)
- ^ Facebook (www.facebook.com)
- ^ LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com)
- ^ Smashing Podcast (www.smashingmagazine.com)
Powered by WPeMatico