Google Posts, ‘temporarily disabled,’ now back
Given the recent Google My Business (GMB) policy changes, limited support and the general confusion during the coronavirus crisis, many local SEOs have had problems with listings updates and other GMB features. Posts is one critical GMB tool that has been operating unevenly.
Posts were disabled. Google now says Posts are working, however, after having been “temporarily disabled.” It’s not clear why Posts were disabled; the company didn’t offer any explanation.
Google has been working with reduced support staff and recently temporarily shut down “reviews, new review replies, new short names, all videos, and all Q&A.” It’s not clear when those features will return. But we’ll be discussing review management in this environment in a forthcoming article.
For more on how to manage information and listings on GMB right now, see Google My Business: When should you use ‘special hours’ vs. ‘temporarily closed’? and our recent local SEO edition of Live with Search Engine Land. 
About The Author
Greg Sterling is a Contributing Editor to Search Engine Land, a member of the programming team for SMX events and the VP, Market Insights at Uberall.
- ^ have had problems with listings updates (searchengineland.com)
- ^ https://t.co/cbEOr72wSR (t.co)
- ^ March 30, 2020 (twitter.com)
- ^ temporarily shut down (support.google.com)
- ^ communicating updates to customers (support.google.com)
- ^ COVID-19 Post category (support.google.com)
- ^ Google My Business: When should you use ‘special hours’ vs. ‘temporarily closed (searchengineland.com)
- ^ Live with Search Engine Land (searchengineland.com)
Powered by WPeMatico