Exciting New Tools For Designers, May 2020
There are plenty of new tools to speed up your work available now. From background patterns and icons to landing page templates and new fonts, we’ve got something for almost everyone here. And while some of these tools are premium options, almost everything is free and open-source.
Here’s what’s new for designers this month.
Free First Month: Millions of Fonts, Freebies & Design Assets
Pattern.css is a CSS-only library that you can use to fill empty backgrounds. There are tons of pattern options available and you can search and sort by the type of pattern that appeals to you – grids, dots, lines, stripes, zigzags, and more.
Image Compare Viewer
Scale Document is a secure platform for document processing. The coolest feature of this tool is that it can scan documents, “read” them, and turn them into digital data. It’s a paid tool with options for different use cases.
GitKraken Timelines is a free tool to communicate milestones and deadlines. Create private or public shareable timelines. Plan product releases and provide visibility across your organization or just have fun.
Brandfetch for Adobe XD
Brandfetch for Adobe XD lets you pull the brand assets into your software. Just enter the company name and add everything instantly. The tool is free for small companies and developers and has paid plans for power users.
Free HTML Landing Page Templates
This roundup of 40 Free HTML Landing Page Templates is a great collection to help jumpstart website design projects. The best part is every option is open source and the collection includes a variety of page types for different products and services.
Database Schema Templates
Sitesauce converts your dynamic website (such as a blog) into a static website in one click and keeps the site updated when content changes. This will help reduce server costs and page load times and increase scalability and security.
GitHub Writer is a browser extension that changes GitHub’s default editor to a WYSIWYG rich-text editor. You can use it when creating, editing, or commenting on GitHub issues, pull requests, and wikis.
Macklin Pro is a new superfamily that includes desktop, web, and variable fonts. It’s versatile, highly readable, and with serifs, sans serifs, slabs, and some beautiful italics, it might be the only font you need for projects. (And while this font is new, they are offering it at a stellar deal of less than $50.)
- ^ Pattern.css (bansal.io)
- ^ Image Compare Viewer (image-compare-viewer.netlify.app)
- ^ Scale Document (scale.com)
- ^ Screen Recorder (screenrecorderapp.com)
- ^ Codespace (codespace.app)
- ^ GitKraken Timelines (timelines.gitkraken.com)
- ^ Tara AI (tara.ai)
- ^ CSS Inspector (cssinspector.com)
- ^ BestTime (besttime.app)
- ^ Cakeurl (cakeurl.com)
- ^ Brandfetch for Adobe XD (brandfetch.io)
- ^ 40 Free HTML Landing Page Templates (dev.to)
- ^ Animockup (animockup.com)
- ^ Database Schema Templates (drawsql.app)
- ^ Sitesauce (sitesauce.app)
- ^ SQL Police Department (sqlpd.com)
- ^ LineIcons (lineicons.com)
- ^ GitHub Writer (ckeditor.com)
- ^ Caddy 2 (caddyserver.com)
- ^ Swiftify (storyboard2swiftui.com)
- ^ Alejo (www.fontspace.com)
- ^ Good Boy (www.dafont.com)
- ^ Lovely Ampersand (www.fontspace.com)
- ^ Macklin Pro (www.fonts.com)
Powered by WPeMatico