Daily Search Forum Recap: November 19, 2019
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Microsoft Advertising Editor Has Been Redesigned
Microsoft announced that it has redesigned the Microsoft Advertising Editor, formerly known as Bing Ads Editor. This is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Google: We Do Not Penalize Sites Using Old School HTML & Tables
Google’s John Mueller had to say on Twitter again that Google does not penalize sites using old school HTML, like old table designs or invalid HTML. He said “no, we don’t penalize sites that use old-school (or invalid, table-designs, etc) HTML.”
- Hey; Bing Has Been Doing The BERT Thing Since April
I mentioned this before, but did you know that Bing has been using BERT since April of this year. That is about 6-months prior to when Google started using it. Also, Bing said in this blog post that BERT like “models are now applied to every Bing search query globally.” Google only applies it to English queries in the US right now, and all featured snippets.
- Google: GoogleBot Won’t Request Google Analytics & Many Other Ad Scripts When Crawling
Martin Splitt of Google said on stage at SMX East that Google won’t request Google Analytics and many other ad scripts when crawling your site. This saves in terms of resources and crawl efficiency. I asked Martin later on to list out all the things GoogleBot won’t crawl specifically, because it is useful to know.
- Did Google Just Confirm The Weekend Google Algorithm Update?
A bunch of folks are asking Googlers like Danny Sullivan and John Mueller if they can confirm that Google did an update over the weekend. Both Danny and John basically said Google is always making updates.
- Google Wellness Day Presentation?
Here is a photo of a guy named Fionn McSwiney giving a talk at the Google Dublin office about fitness and wellbeing. This happened on “wellness day” at Google he said. Hard to see how many Googlers
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
- ^ Search Engine Roundtable (www.seroundtable.com)
- ^ Microsoft Advertising Editor Has Been Redesigned (www.seroundtable.com)
- ^ Google: We Do Not Penalize Sites Using Old School HTML & Tables (www.seroundtable.com)
- ^ Hey; Bing Has Been Doing The BERT Thing Since April (www.seroundtable.com)
- ^ Google: GoogleBot Won’t Request Google Analytics & Many Other Ad Scripts When Crawling (www.seroundtable.com)
- ^ Did Google Just Confirm The Weekend Google Algorithm Update? (www.seroundtable.com)
- ^ Google Wellness Day Presentation? (www.seroundtable.com)
Powered by WPeMatico