20 Freshest Web Designs, August 2019
Welcome to the August edition of our monthly roundup of the freshest web design, released (or re-released with significant updates) in the last four weeks.
This month we leap back to the culture of America circa 1969, dive into the oceans with whales, discover multiple approaches to pitching a design agency, get invited to festivals, and shop online the right way. Enjoy!
Kilotype’s awesome new site shows off its variable fonts with a clever mouse-track — move your cursor around the screen vertically and horizontally to see the full range of each family’s weight and italic.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Wade and Leta
The Believer Magazine
The site for The Believer Magazine is charmingly counter-culture, with deceptively sophisticated typography and New Yorker-quality illustration. Exactly what you’d expect from a modern culture publication.
Good Day sells CBD-infused beverages from a tastefully minimal site. At roughly $6/drink, it’s not cheap, and this sophisticated site is ideal for positioning the company in the luxury consumables market.
The Flatiron Collective site opens with animated illustration. It’s an eye-catching pitch for business, far into left-field from the usual agency promotional site, and doesn’t even showcase previous work.
InDnegev is an Israeli music festival with a psychedelic animated site. The site features bold color choices, subtle animation, and two people riding a giant fox made out of stars, because why not.
Look Deeper is an eye health campaign from Australia that wants to educate you about the dangers your eyes face, with an impactful infographic style site highlighting the various threats to your eyesight.
Embracing the www-ness of using three letters, where one would be too real-world, is Stuuudio, a design agency with a nice line in blobby-animated transitions. It’s a good take on the classic agency site.
Neutral Works is another design agency with a penchant for interesting, liquid-style transitions. Based in Japan, it’s fascinating to see the different approach to familiar products in a foreign culture.
- ^ Kilotype’s awesome new site (kilotype.de)
- ^ This amazing promo-site (www.onceuponatimemag.com)
- ^ Wade and Leta (wadeandleta.com)
- ^ this inspiring site (morenitamenorca.com)
- ^ The Believer Magazine (believermag.com)
- ^ Cher Ami’s site (cher-ami.tv)
- ^ Good Day (drinkgoodday.com)
- ^ Dice (dice.berlin)
- ^ Flatiron Collective site (www.flatiron.co)
- ^ This inspiring site (save-whales.com)
- ^ InDnegev (www.indnegev.co.il)
- ^ Gucci’s Marmont (marmont.gucci.com)
- ^ Oust (www.weareoust.co)
- ^ Gantri (www.gantri.com)
- ^ infographic style site (www.lookdeeper.com.au)
- ^ Ada Sokół’s portfolio (adasokol.com)
- ^ Stuuudio (stuuudio.co)
- ^ Ocean Vagabond (www.oceanvagabond.com)
- ^ Festival (camberwellfestival.com)
- ^ Neutral Works (art.n-works.link)